𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬:
- Install and fix together prefabricated steel grinders, pipework, and beam sections that make up the framework of buildings and other structures.
- Set up hoisting equipment for raising placing structural steel members.
- Fasten steel members to cable of the hoist, using a chain, cable, or rope.
- Signal worker operating hoisting equipment to lift place steel members.
- Force members into the final position, using turnbuckles, crowbars, jacks, and hand tools.
- Align rivet holes in members with corresponding holes in previously placed members by driving drift pins or handle of wrench through holes.
- Verify the vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using the plumb bob level.
- Boit aligned members to keep them in position until when they can be permanently riveted, bolted, or welded in place.
- May specialize in erecting or repairing specific types of structures be designated bridge-Maintenance worker; Chimney builder, Reinforced Concrete; Scaffold Builder, Metal; Structural-Steel-Equipment Erector.
122 total views, 1 views today