𝐃𝐮𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬 & 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐛𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐬:
- Know the hazards that may be faced during confined space entry, including information on the mode, signs or symptoms, and consequences of exposure.
- Be aware of the possible behavioral effects of hazard exposure in entrants.
- Continuously maintain an accurate count of entrants in the confined space.
- Remain outside the confined space during confined space operations until relieved by another attendant
- Maintain communications with entrants to monitor entrant status and to alert entrants of the need to evacuate the confined space, use of portable monitors when necessary to sample air quality in the work area.
- Call rescue and other emergency services as soon as it is determined that entrants may need assistance to escape from the confined space.
- Monitor activities inside and outside the confined space to determine if it is safe for the entrants to remain in the space and orders the entrants to evacuate the confined space immediately under any of the following conditions: if the attendant detects a prohibited condition; if the attendant detects the behavioral effects of hazard exposure; if the attendant detects a situation outside the confined space that could endanger the entrants; or if the attendant cannot effectively and safely perform all the required duties.
26 total views, 2 views today